International Decision Systems, Inc. is a world-class software developer of enterprise level software for the commercial finance industry. Headquartered in Minneapolis with global offices in Australia, Europe and India, IDS have a 30-year history of serving the majority of the top 200 leasing organizations worldwide. IDS’ customers are among the largest publicly traded organizations in the world and they value IDS for its nimble, responsive technology expertise. At IDS, you’ll be part of an innovative team of professionals who serve the world’s commercial finance industry with progressive products and financial depth only available from an integrated strategic partner.
As a Scrum Master, you will work closely with the development team(s) and product owner(s) in their efforts to evolve the processes, resulting in high preforming teams. Scrum Master helps guiding team about agile principles and Scrum Framework, removes the impediments and protect the team from interferences. This role is the servant leadership role, though an individual contributor working closely with the Scrum Team and Management. Person playing this role will be accountable for the success of the product, by being responsible in his / her role purview.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guiding the team on how to adapt Agile practices and values and Scrum Framework
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of self-organization
- Guiding the team to identify challenges surfaced by Scrum Framework
- Guiding the team to collectively resolve the challenges surfaced by Scrum Framework
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency
- Helps team in radiating the information, which is useful for all the stakeholders
- Protecting the team from external and internal interferences, keeping the business goal in mind
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Enables close cooperation across roles and functions internal and external to the scrum team
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Promotes continuous improvement by frequent reflections
- Shares responsibility for the quality of work delivered by his/her team. Holds him/herself and the team accountable
Required Experience / Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree (BE / B.Tech), from a four-year college or University in CS or ECE or MCA or equivalent experience preferred.
- Should have completed certification on SCRUM or Agile coaching.
Location: Bangalore, India
- At least 6 years total IT experiences.
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership
- Good facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to play as an Individual contributor
- Good knowledge of Scrum Board implementation in tools as Jira etc.
- Well versed with Scrum teams working in distributed environment
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce
Candidate must be able to pass criminal and credit background check
(The experience criteria used above should not be seen as definitive. Applicants with less experience are invited to apply where they consider that they have relevant experience and/or qualifications that will meet the needs and responsibilities of the role)
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org