International Decision Systems, Inc. is a world-class software developer of enterprise level software for the commercial finance industry. Headquartered in Minneapolis with global offices in Australia, Europe and India, International Decision Systems, Inc. has a 30-year history of serving the majority of the top 200 leasing organizations worldwide. International Decision Systems, Inc.’s customers are among the largest publicly traded organizations in the world and they value International Decision System, Inc. for its nimble, responsive technology expertise. At International Decision Systems, Inc., you’ll be part of an innovative team of professionals who serve the world’s commercial finance industry with progressive products and financial depth only available from an integrated strategic partner.
International Decision Systems is seeking Sr. Software Engineer (Performance role) in our product development team. We are looking for someone with strong technical aptitude and solid problem-solving sense; an excellent communicator and a willing team player; excited about giving their best every day. The successful candidate will design, develop and conduct performance tests to simulate production workload for our
enterprise leasing products and come up with innovate ways to fine-tune application performance for better end user experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and conduct frequent multi-user web application performance tests using complex workloads & datasets to detect performance issues or failure points under different load conditions.
- Perform root cause analysis for performance problems, identify bottlenecks and come up solutions that lead to high performing and scalable application.
- Work with product owners/agile teams early on during the development phase of complex projects/features to ensure best performance engineering practices are followed across different tiers of application.
- Ability to multi-task and pay strong attention to details.
- Ability to function in a high pressure and demanding environment.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks/assignments/projects.
- Participate in special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree (BE / B.Tech) from a four-year college or university in CS, MIS, or ECE or equivalent experience preferred.
- Professional certification required in some areas
- Post graduate in related discipline and generally 3-5 years of experience in related fields
- 4-8 years software development experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Teamwork and Leadership
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Should have extensive hands-on experience using any industry standard load generation software. (Silk performer, HP load runner)
- Extensive knowledge of Java, web services, XML and related technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of profiling tools across different tiers of enterprise application (firebug, Visual VM, JProfiler, SQL profiler)
- Expertise in fine tuning SQL queries
- Experienced professional contributor with responsibility for an advanced area of work in the professional field.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of complex assignments.
- Has good understanding of how own area/team contributes to work unit’s success; recognizes wider business implications of decisions/actions.
- Primary contribution is in applying knowledge (product, industry, professional, technical) doing individual contributor work.
- Develop knowledge of lease/loan finance industry.
- Nice to Have
- Experience working in agile development model
- Experience working with load balancers
- Knowledge on monitoring tools (Prometheus and Grafana)
- Oversees the completion of projects or assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring, and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc.
- Mentor others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
Candidate must be able to pass criminal and credit background check.
(The experience criteria used above should not be seen as definitive. Applicants with less experience are invited to apply where they consider that they have relevant experience and/or qualifications that will meet the needs and responsibilities of the role).
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org