International Decision Systems, Group (IDS Group) is a world-class software developer of enterprise level software for the commercial finance industry. Headquartered in Minneapolis with global offices in Australia, Europe and India, IDS Group. has a 40-year history of serving the majority of the top 200 leasing organizations worldwide. IDS Group customers are among the largest publicly traded organizations in the world and they value IDS Group for its nimble, responsive technology expertise. At IDS Group you’ll be part of an innovative team of professionals who serve the world’s commercial finance industry with progressive products and financial depth only available from an integrated strategic partner.
About the Team
The Development Support team is a collaborative, fast-paced team of professionals that utilizes their technical expertise and advanced product knowledge to provide innovative solutions to our growing customer base. IDS products are critical to the success of our customers’ business operations and they depend on the Development Support team to be responsive, creative, and skilled at complex problem solving and software issue resolution.
About the Position
The Associate Software Engineer Customer Support provides individual technical support on software incidents in IDS product offerings
, the company’s product offering for mission critical front end originations workflow. This application is a standard three tier architecture. The web-based user interface has been developed with Delphi for maximum development efficiency. The Associate Software Engineer, Customer Support researches issues, communicates with our customers, and implements solutions based on business requirements. In addition, the Associate Software Engineer, Customer Support uses their technical ability to resolve problems ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to organizational policies.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Communicate with customers and other IDS team members regarding the status of issues
- Perform complex systems analysis and programming activities in support of IDS product offerings
- Provide high quality support to our customers, both internal and external
- Conduct unit and integration testing for developed functionality in IDS product offerings
- Perform defect verification and release testing for assigned products
- Document standards and repeatable procedures to facilitate knowledge transfer to others
- Organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks/assignments/projects simultaneously
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related preferred, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation
- Knowledge in web service technologies, Java, C#, Oracle, SQL Server, and Delphi
- Experience with Object Oriented Development standards
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities, and pay strong attention to details
- Ability to function in a high pressure and demanding environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to perform duties independently with general supervision
- 1+ years’ experience in software development
- 1+ years’ experience in customer service, ideally providing service to external or third-party clients
- Origination and workflow software management professional experience is a plus
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
IDS does not sponsor employment visa for this role. (i.e. TN, E-3, or H-1B visa status or other)
Candidate must be able to pass criminal and credit background check.