IDS is a world-class software developer of enterprise level software for the commercial finance industry. Headquartered in Minneapolis with global offices in Australia, Europe and India,IDS has a 40-year history of serving the majority of the top 200 leasing organizations worldwide. IDS' customers are among the largest publicly traded organizations in the world and they value IDS for its nimble, responsive technology expertise. At IDS, you’ll be part of an innovative team of professionals who serve the world’s commercial finance industry with progressive products and financial depth only available from an integrated strategic partner.
About the Position
The Business Application Consultant (BAC) works as a consulting team member or an individual consultant on for-fee product implementation, enhancement, integration, conversion, business process enhancement or training projects. Participates in all phases of software implementation; requirements gathering, solution design, development, testing, launch, and post go-live support. Conducts customer business analysis to map internal processes and areas for improvement which support IDS solution recommendations and ensure successful implementations. Performs technical implementation tasks to deliver solutions that align with the overall design. Works with Lead Business Solution Consultants and customers to resolve business requirements and system capability issues.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Consults with Lead Business Solution Consultant to maximize implementation of the solution.
- Evaluates and distinguishes user requests from underlying needs enabling a smooth implementation.
- Communicates informational needs and functional requirements while collaborating with internal resources on specifications to include Solution Design Document, Consumer Interaction Flow, Use Cases, and Interface Designs/Flows.
- Defines concepts and milestone dependencies by working with users.
- Develops requirements specifications according to standard guidelines, using natural language and identify common features for inclusion in product applications.
- Ensures targeted project deliverables, including configuration of functional solutions, development of test strategies, plans, and risk assessments meet project deadlines.
- Communicates with technical consulting team on customer business requirements enabling the development of a detailed and customized technical design.
- Participates in project test phases, launch, and post go-live support.
- Provides task status and updates to the Project Manager.
- Participates in project planning and estimating.
- Expected to travel locally and within the U.S. up to 50% of the time.
- May be asked to travel internationally.
- 3+ years of experience in a client facing position implementing software applications within the financial services industry, such as a Business System Analyst, to include consulting experience
- Familiar with end to end to software development, agile and implementation methodologies
- Ability to gather and interpret customer information into specific application and operational requirements
- Ability to work on multiple large, moderately complex projects often with conflicting deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to include navigating complex problem resolutions
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to work independently or as a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationship skills
- Knowledge in SDLC methodologies, waterfall and agile
- Experience with xml, xsl, web service development and system integrations
- Product knowledge of software in the Asset Finance industry
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
IDS does not sponsor employment visa for this role. (i.e. TN, E-3, or H-1B visa status or other).
Candidate must be able to pass criminal background check.