IDS is a world-class software developer of enterprise level software for the commercial finance industry. Headquartered in Minneapolis with global offices in Australia, Europe and India, International Decision Systems, Inc. has a 40-year history of serving the majority of the top 200 leasing organizations worldwide. IDS’ customers are among the largest publicly traded organizations in the world and they value IDS for its nimble, responsive technology expertise. At IDS, you’ll be part of an innovative team of professionals who serve the world’s commercial finance industry with progressive products and financial depth only available from an integrated strategic partner.
About the Position
The Senior Business Application Consultant (SBAC) works on for-fee product implementation, enhancement, integration, conversion, business process enhancement and training projects. They also participate in all phases of software implementation; requirements gathering, solution design, development, testing, launch, and post go-live support. Conduct business analysis to gather internal process and issues faced by the customer base to help formulate recommendations for improvement and ensure successful implementation of the IDS solution. In addition, you will perform technical implementation tasks, primarily via software configuration, to deliver solutions that align with the overall solution design. The SBAC also works with the customer to resolve conflicts between business requirements and system capabilities.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Defines concepts independently with users and under direction of project managers to ensure timely completion of milestone dependencies
- Communicates proactively and collaborates with customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements to successfully deliver the following specifications: Solution Design Document, Consumer Interaction Flow, Use Cases, and Interface Designs/Flows
- Consults with SME as needed to maximize implementation of the solution
- Evaluates information gathered from multiple sources and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Develops requirements specifications per standard templates, using natural language and identify common features for inclusion in our Platform
- Assists the technical consulting team with translation of business requirements into detailed technical designs
- Testing and signing-off on product customizations/technical integrations during development and test phases
- Participates in project planning and estimating and provide task status/updates to the PM
- Develops larger, moderately complex projects/assignments independently that have direct impact on department and area results in
- Up to 50% travel
- Domestic and International travel possible
- 3+ years of experience as a consultant in a client facing environment implementing Financial Systems
- Strong analytical and product management skills, including the ability to interpret customer business needs and translate them into fully specified application and operational requirements
- Experience implementing originations and asset finance systems (particularly Rapport or InfoLease)
- Experience in configuration and workflow management systems and/or xml, xsl, web service development and system integrations
- Product knowledge of software in the Asset Finance industry
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
IDS does not sponsor employment visa for this role. (i.e. TN, E-3, or H-1B visa status or other).
Candidate must be able to pass criminal and credit background check.