The Finance Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the India accounting department. This key position will ensure timely and accurate financial data for the company by building and fostering a professional team, establishing relevant processes and controls, and working with other leaders throughout the organization. In addition, the Finance Manager will assist the Corporate Controller with setting accounting policy and with the analysis of moderately complex accounting issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure financial controls are established, properly documented, and comply with Indian taxation laws and statutory laws and requirements.
- Ensure consistency in reporting & accounting treatment from the region to the head-quarters office in US.
- Research technical accounting issues
- Analyze operating costs, prepare variance analyses, and trend analyses and create additional analyses and reports as requested by management.
- Continually monitor and evaluate compliance with internal controls and accounting procedures, and discuss with Corporate Controller potential weaknesses in controls or breakdown in procedures
- Manage and assist in the preparation of annual budget process and year-end financial statements, supplemental schedules and tax packages, along with preparation of the tax returns with our partners.
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
- Interface with internal and external auditors to provide financial information and resolve financial questions during reviews and audits.
- Provide excellent service and support to the operational departments.
- Meet all internal and external deadlines for financial reporting
- Ensure error free payroll processing on a monthly basis and administration of benefits packages, and reimbursements to employees.
- Directs and maintains accounts on purchases and internal controls, receivables, bills and payments to vendors on a timely manner.
- Maintain employee timesheet (OpenAir) and leave control system.
- Participate in gathering and evaluating the insurance needs for employees (LIC, PA, and GMC) annual insurance renewal and administration.
- Assist, supervise and develop department team members and ensure smooth functioning of their day to day tasks and assignments.
- Company secretarial matters regarding Board meetings and statutory obligation of the Indian entity
- Participate in the discussion with landlord and gathering information on additional office space and advice management whenever necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree (in accounting, local taxation discipline) with an MBA (Finance) is preferred.
- 10+ years of accounting / Finance department worked in small/medium sized organization.
- Five plus years of demonstrated experience in accounting, local taxation, and financial analysis.
- Excellent eye for detail and flare for numbers & keeping abreast of latest changes in accounting laws.
- Diligent knowledge on accounting principles and regulations.
- Understanding of Technology industry and familiarity with labour laws and regulations is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, technical, IT and numerical abilities are crucial.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong business acumen, Self-motivation, and commercial awareness.
- Initiative and the ability to work as a Individual contributor and work with the US counterparts.
- Good analytical, interpersonal skills and conflict resolution.
Location: Bangalore, India
- Familiar with advanced MS office tools skills (Excel skills, ability to work on Vlookup and pivot tables)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform duties under general supervision
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce
Candidate must be able to pass criminal and credit background check
(The experience criteria used above should not be seen as definitive. Applicants with less experience are invited to apply where they consider that they have relevant experience and/or qualifications that will meet the needs and responsibilities of the role)
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org