About the Team
The Development Support team is a collaborative, fast-paced team of professionals that utilizes their software development expertise and advanced product knowledge to provide innovative solutions to our growing customer base. IDS products are critical to the success of our customers’ business operations and they depend on the Development Support team to be responsive, creative, and skilled at complex problem solving and software issue resolution.
About the Position
The Software Engineer provides development support for software incidents on IDS product offerings for mission critical back-office accounting. The current application is a standard three-tier architecture utilizing a Java technology stack. The web-based user interface has been developed with Grails for maximum development efficiency. The Software Engineer researches issues, communicates with our customers, and implements solutions based on business requirements. In addition, the Software Engineer uses their technical ability to resolve problems ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to organizational policies.
Role & Responsibilities
· Perform complex systems analysis and programming activities in support of IDS product offerings
· Conduct unit and integration testing for developed functionality in IDS product offerings
· Organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks/assignments/projects simultaneously
· Provide high quality service to our customers, both internal and external
· Communicate with customers and other IDS team members regarding the status of issues
· Document standards and repeatable procedures to facilitate knowledge transfer to others
· Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
· May require occasional travel to client sites or other IDS offices in support of IDS product offerings up to 10%
- 3+ years’ experience in software development and customer service, ideally providing service to external or third-party clients
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation
· Knowledge in web service technologies, Java, C#, Oracle, SQL Server, and UniBasic
- Experience with Object Oriented Development standards
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Ability to multi-task, manage priorities, and pay strong attention to details
- Ability to function in a high pressure and demanding environment with shifting priorities
· Ability to perform duties independently with general supervision
- Financial and accounting education or professional experience is a plus
Please submit your resume to email@example.com,
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related preferred, or equivalent experience
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
IDS does not sponsor employment visa for this role. (i.e. TN, E-3, or H-1B visa status or other)
Candidate must be able to pass criminal and credit background check.