Leading asset finance enterprises in 30+ countries build their businesses on full lifecycle solutions from IDS. Our software streamlines the entire asset finance process, from origination to portfolio management to end-of term. Our battle-tested solutions empower banks, captives and independents to make fast decisions, fly through audits, automate manual processes and uncover actionable analytics, so they can focus on growing their businesses. Our new cloud-based offerings integrate seamlessly into any asset finance ecosystem — the sustainability, flexibility and economy of our cloud and makes solutions accessible to banks, independents and captives of all sizes. Our cloud offering easily accommodates the specific requirements of any vertical market and allow our customers to quickly adapt to changes in their markets.
About the Team
The sales team is undergoing an exciting transformation expanding into new markets and driving the overall growth of the company. This transformation will result in an expanded opportunity for the company and growth within the team. There is excitement about what comes next and we are looking for someone who can jump right in and be a critical part of the group.
About the Position
At IDS, the Solutions Consultant (SC) is an integral member of the Sales team as a domain and solution expert partnering on strategy and execution resulting in the continued growth of IDS’ marketplace. The SC gains an understand of the prospects’ business, and requirements, to determine the fit and unique business value of IDS solutions. Demonstrates and articulates prospect knowledge and proves IDS solutions value throughout the sales process. Serves as a key product advisor throughout the sales process and post-sales activities.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Leads the sales discovery process to ensure clarity of the prospect’s business challenges, needs, and identifies where the use and application of IDS products, services and solutions uniquely solve the prospect’s objectives.
- Conducts internal assessment of IDS fit based on discovery results and identifies prospect gaps and recommends IDS solutions bridging prospect needs and systems with product capabilities. Works closely with Product Management on applicable configuration needs.
- Delivers detailed software demonstrations simultaneously explaining the merits and benefits of IDS products customized to meet the prospect’s needs, including the application and reconciliation of lease accounting general ledger activities. Conducts equipment testing, prepares power point decks, verifies software set-up and participates in internal briefings and strategy sessions. Ensures the efficiency of demonstration processes and documents.
- Responds to all functional and technical sections in the completion of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs). Ensures that responses speak to IDS’ unique benefits and value to the prospect. Assesses the IDS fit and recommends pursuit of the prospect as appropriate.
- Represents IDS in the industry at industry and association events supporting IDS’ overall brand and reputation. Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of industry trends working with technical resources, product management and others learning about planned product modifications and/or commitments ensuring accurate and up-to-date information is communicated to prospects. Makes recommendations based on industry knowledge and IDS product implications.
- Up to 50% - schedule fluctuates and often with short notice
- Requires valid passport or ability to obtain a passport
- Travel through the US with occasional travel to IDS offices or prospects in the APAC and EMEA regions
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related area or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in the equipment finance/leasing industry and business practices or in a pre-sales related position; prior software experience a plus; knowledge of lease accounting desired
- Demonstrated ability managing prospect expectations throughout the sales process
- Possess in-depth knowledge of IDS products and/or commitment to become a product expert
- Ability to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of IDS products and industry trends and their impact on the sales process
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationship with all levels achieving a trusted advisor status
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver presentations and software demonstrations
- Ability to manage the demands of multiple prospect and requests using strong organizational skills.
- Ability to translate prospect requests and needs into actionable items
- Ability to manage work demands in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and part of a team
- Willingness to work and be accessible at all times, including evenings and weekends, if needed
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, technical and audio-visual equipment skills
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
IDS does not sponsor employment visa for this role. (i.e. TN, E-3, or H-1B visa status or other).
Candidate must be able to pass criminal and credit background check.